Project for new developer

Johan De Messemaeker johan.demessemaeker at telenet.be
Sat Nov 5 12:46:20 CET 2005

On Saturday 05 November 2005 11:46, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Some help for whoever might want to take this project as a child. i attach
> the patch to make it compile in a KDE 3.4.2 environment and gcc 4.0.

I applied the patch and KPacman compiles cleanly (FreeBSD 6.0, KDE 3.4.2). I
haven't been able to run it though:

$ /usr/local/kde/bin/kpacman
kpacman: WARNING: KXMLGUIClient::setXMLFile: cannot find .rc file kpacmanui.rc
The bitfont could not be contructed.

The file 'fonts/font.xbm' does not exist,
or is of an unknown format.
QWidget::setMaximumSize: (unnamed/Referee) The largest allowed size is
(32767,32767)
KCrash: Application 'kpacman' crashing...

I'll look into the problem in the coming days.

> Some suggestions also:
>  - Need Music
>  - Need a Pause keyshortcut
>  - A Pacmania mode would be wonderful as plain pacman is quite boring
> (IMHO).

Good suggestions :)

Regards, Johan

PS: I replied to JRT personally to state that I'm interested in maintaining
this project. It occurs to me now that this was not the right action to take
since this is a public project :) Sorry about that, I have never taken over
the maintainership of a project before :)