"hacking the social system"

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed May 4 22:09:49 CEST 2005

Nathan Olberding wrote:
> For that matter, can someone restate the goals of this thread?

I started this as a brain storming thread, so anybody can say anything
that they want.  However, the stated purpose is to devise methods to
hack (i.e. change) the KDE OSS Social System to change the behavior of
the Developers (specifically coders).  AJS suggested this in his blog as
a more useful alternative to just "bitching on the Internet" (complaining).

How we want this behavior to change is also up for discussion.  I would
like them to have their work conform to the UI guidelines and for them
to be more concerned with usability, but others probably have other ideas.

--
JRT