Needed?? The Suggestion Box??

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Wed Mar 30 22:48:23 CEST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 02:22 am, Nathan Olberding wrote:
> This may be slightly off topic, but I think more people would be able
> to contribute patches and Show Us The Code if the application in
> question was written in a higher level language than C++. I can
> understand Python and, to a lesser extent, Ruby, and can easily tinker
> with programs written in those languages. I can get a good idea of
> what C++ code does, but I just don't have the time to 1) keep up with
> CVS, 2) dive in to C++ code, studying until I understand what's going
> on with it (even in a relatively simple chunk of code!),
One of the things that can really help here is plugins. Because plugins are
mostly pretty small and self-contained,  they can provide additional
functionality without needing to understand a huge amount of code. We need
better docs on writing different kinds, but it really is a good way to get
started.

Brad