Needed?? The Suggestion Box??

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Tue Mar 29 16:48:11 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 30 Mar 2005 22:49, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday 25 March 2005 09:07, Nathan Olberding wrote:
> > Not to suggest we couldn't make things better, but the times I've used
> > bugs.kde.org have all made me feel like this really isn't a big
> > problem. Sure, it could be better, and the issue may swell in the
> > future, but I just don't see what the big fuss is.
>
> the big fuss is that not all bugs reported get fixed and not all features
> requested get implemented in what the reporters consider to be a
> "reasonable" time period.
>
> additionally, many reporters do not grok the culture that exists or simply
> lack the ability to interact with it effectively. which causes
> consternation for them, which they then sometimes take out on the
> developers.
>
> i hope that one day (soon?) our user community will find a way to manage
> these interactions in a way that is more rewarding for them, and thereby
> for the developers as well =)

Will they ever? I mean, how many KDE users are in a community that could,
collectively, discuss and solve the issue? I'd guess an extremely small
proportion. There's no such thing as one big KDE user community, just small
groupings of people who happen to use KDE and who group around creating
artwork, using Linux or some variant of BSD, etc.

Either it's not a big problem that many/most KDE users can't or won't use
bugs.kde.org effectively, or it's something that KDE contributors would do
well to discuss amongst themselves and with users.

Regards,
Tom

--
Please send personal emails to tom at ... not lists at ...