The future of HiColor

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sat Jun 18 10:56:19 CEST 2005

Carlos Leonhard Woelz wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:59:36 -0700, "Nathan Olberding"
> <nathan.olberding at gmail.com> said:
>
>>How would we decide / who would decide what the default icon theme should
>>be?
>

> I think the default theme should be whatever thame is the default KDE
> theme for the moment, just because it is the icon theme more likely to
> get maintainence and attention. If someone is not happy with the default
> theme, he (she) should install kdeclassic anyway.

KDEClassic is somewhat problematic.  The reason is that while all
KDEClassic icons are HiColor that new HiColor icons are not KDEClassic.
  So, new unthemed icons should be installed as HiColor.

This means that we really need a dummy theme: UnThemed that will use
HiColor first and KDEClassic second.  Unfortunately, this doesn't work
due to Bug 53052 not being fixed -- at least, I can't get it to work.

--
JRT