KFind

Barış Metin baris at uludag.org.tr
Thu Jun 2 03:42:51 CEST 2005

On Monday 30 May 2005 17:30, Sergejs Melderis wrote:
> I am Sergejs Melderis, student in Computer Science. It's been a year since
> I was exposed to Linux and KDE and now I use it on my Desktop every day. I
> know C++ and I know some Qt. For some reason I often use Kfind and every
> time I use it I don't like it and I think it needs improvement or may be
> complete redesign of UI and it needs some additional features. I saw on
> wiki.kde.org that you are looking for developers to improve KFind. I would
> like to participate.  I agree that tabbed dialog is not very suited for
> this task. I've never seen Mac OS find program, but on Win XP it is better.
> Stability needs improvement too. I found many times that if you click stop
> while it is performing search it freezes. I don't know how much time I will
> be able to work on it. It is not going to be a lot. I'll be working two
> jobs in summer but I think I'll find some time to work on it.  If somebody
> is already working on this task I can join.

Welcome Sergejs,

As Alexander said, I'm also interested in a better kfind, but couldn't had the
right combination of sphere time and motivation much :(. Regarding the work
in kdenonbeta/kfind-revisited I'd coded a new UI once. You can get it from
here: http://cekirdek.uludag.org.tr/~baris/tmp/kfind/. If you like the idea,
you can work on porting it to kfind-revisited base, with the acceptance of
Alexander I suppose.

best regards,
--
Barış Metin