audio + KDE, help offered

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Thu Jan 27 13:21:20 CET 2005

Hi Alain,

On Thursday 27 Jan 2005 09:30, Darkflow wrote:
> Hi, i sent a similar message a few days ago, when i joined the mailing
> list, but it was held for aproval, because i send it from another email
> address on the domain.
>
> But anyway, i offered any help to the KDE project, that i can give, with
> audio - i am a studio engineer and freelance producer and have access to a
> few studios - i could cook up some nice sounds, or some entire sound themes
> - just ask, and ill do my best!

Thanks for the offer! It's not often KDE hears from sound engineers :-)

You can see all the current system sounds here:
http://webcvs.kde.org/kdebase/kcontrol/knotify/sounds/

You will find some nice submissions of system sound themes here:
http://www.kde-look.org/index.php?xcontentmode=25

You could either try to enhance the current KDE system sounds, or create an
entire new theme and post it to KDE-Look. Either contribution would be
appreciated by KDE users.

If you have a lot of spare time, you could also look at producing sounds for
other projects, and in particular games and music software. I say that just
because there's not a lot of scope for sounds in a desktop environment, so
you might want to branch out a little :)

Kind regards,
Tom