What to do to get extra language?

Jure Repinc jlp at holodeck1.com
Wed Jan 26 17:37:57 CET 2005

> | What do I have to do to get additional languages installed for the
> | user interface? Do I have to compile the hole kde-i18n package or
> can
> | I select just on or two languages that get compiled and others
> don't?
> This is a gentoo question.
>
> To install only the german language (besides to english) use:
>
> LINGUAS="de" emerge kde-i18n
>
> look into the kde-i18n ebuild to see the available language prefixes.
>

> Sascha

I'm not sure this will work. First I am not using Gentoo now because
it has a bug in GCC compiler and I'm unable to comple KDE on ym AMD
Athlon 64 machine at all. So now I am doing it on my older computer
with Mandrakelinux.

And secondly I am not using ebuilds, not even on Gentoo. I'm doing it
manualy by downloading sources from CVS and then manualy compiling
them.

So what I would like to know now is how to only download, compile and
install support for only one or two languages instead of the entire
kde-i18n package which is huuuuuge.

--
Live long and prosper!