KDE 3.4 release announcement (Tom Chance)

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Fri Jan 7 01:25:56 CET 2005

On Thursday 06 Jan 2005 23:45, Adrish Das wrote:
> I will be happy to work on this. I have no experience here in kde, can
> anybody give me some details on how work is done here ?

For everyone who has volunteered, it would be a good idea to organise this a
little (apologies to Stephan if you're already doing this off-list) to avoid
people duplicating work.

Usually this is just done by one person who submits a decent announcement to
the kde-promo list just in time.

You could all work together on it, which would be best done by you all
subscribing to the kde-promo list if you haven't already. One person should
write a first draft, then post it to the mailing list for comments, and so on
until you have a good document worked out. Or one person could do the opening
paragraphs whilst another person does the list of new features. Another
person could also, after the announcement is done, write a shorter press
release.

As I said in another email, it's best to start from existing announcements.
- amend the opening paragraphs to keep them fresh and up to date
- rebuild the new features list from the changelog, cvs digests, etc.

That's all there is to it.

So I suggest that somebody volunteers to write the first draft, and have it
posted to the kde-promo list by the end of January. If you can't do that,
don't volunteer, just wait for the first draft and then help by amending it.

Regards,
Tom