[kde-promo] KDE 3.4 release announcement

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Wed Jan 5 14:14:20 CET 2005

On Wednesday 05 Jan 2005 12:50, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> As usual I would like a voluntereer to write up a KDE 3.4 release
> announcement. We would need at latest in mid of february a
> version for the final, if you feel like writing an introduction to
> beta 2, this is fine too.
>
> Please keep me in CC (or talk to coolo on irc.kde.org) if you're
> interested.

For anyone considering this, it's a fairly easy task. Just look at the
announcements for the previous major releases (3.2 and 3.3), then adapt it.

You'll need to change the introductory paragraphs to make them fresh and
interesting, and to correct things like numbers of translations, major
distributions, etc.

Then you'll need to build a feature list. You can use the changelog in the
developers' section online along with the various articles that appear on the
web (like the O'Reilly preview and the cvs digests on dot.kde.org).

It's really that simple :-)

Regards,
Tom