Query on kdesupport

Michael Pyne michael.pyne at kdemail.net
Fri Dec 23 23:21:50 CET 2005

On Friday 23 December 2005 02:20, Sean Kelley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am building KDE 3.5 branch from SVN.  I wanted to build kdesupport,
> however the only kdesupport that I can find in SVN is under trunk
> rather than branch 3.5.  Is there something that I am missing here?
> Is there a kdesupport specific to 3.5?  If so, where does it reside?
> I don see it underneath branch 3.5.

KDE Support is made up of modules that don't depend on KDE, and hence it
doesn't really matter if it's for 3.5 or trunk.  This doesn't apply to parts
of kdesupport that use Qt, since KDE 4 and 3.5 use different incompatible
versions of Qt.

So, qca from kdesupport will need to be ported to KDE 4, it works for KDE 3.5
at this point.  taglib and akode should be independent of the KDE version.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne