Question about DCOP-Features and Future

Ingo Malchow ingo1977 at web.de
Wed Dec 14 19:20:13 CET 2005

Hello list,
and Aaron, thanks for your really fast reply...
On Tuesday 13 December 2005, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> while it may not be as aesthetically cool a solutionk, would it be possible
> to do a log out of users at a certain time of low usage (e.g. in the middle
> of the night)? this is a fairly typical admin practice on many platforms.

No, this is unfortunately no option, because most of our customers have a 24/7
work. So there's no room for making changes without some users logged in
already. And i thought of something like tell them e.g. via popup to restart
the necessary apps resp. kde.
But my boss told that is no real option since most people won't do that. That
was his experience, therefore he thought of this way. And i think it sounds
nice, but...

> actually, you're the second person i've heard ask this. though that still
> doesn't make the rate of incidence very high =)

Is that really not wanted from the users so often? I think it could be nice in
business solutions with kde. Would be great to hear some other thoughts about
that issue.

Cheers
--
Ingo Malchow