Introduction

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Wed Dec 14 17:53:57 CET 2005

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 07:39, Gregory Hayes wrote:

>    Recently, I've decided it was about time to "get back in the game", and
> the KDE project seems to be an interesting place to start. No Gnome bashing
> intended, but KDE seems to have a more enlightened direction for the
> future, especially with the information circulating about the upcoming 4.x
> series. I'd like to do what I can to pitch in and help, while I become
> famillier with the application coding standards and HIG of the project in
> general. Over the next year, I hope to roll out my own KDE application or
> make some significant contributions to a deserving one. I look forward to
> working with some of you in the future!

Welcome on board, Greg. It will be fun having somebody with your experience
around.

Are there any specific areas you would like to work on?

There a plenty of opportunities, for example libraries (getting kdelibs ready
for KDE 4 is a hot topic right now), big applications (Kontact and the other
KDE PIM apps are candidates which would very much benefit from some fresh
developer blood), small applications (kdeedu is a fun area), framework
development (accessibility support comes to my mind) and many more.