[kde-quality] Re: Massive Konqueror Regression

David van Hoose david.vanhoose at comcast.net
Thu Aug 18 15:58:38 CEST 2005

Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 11:14:15PM -0400, David van Hoose wrote:
>
>>What isn't clear enough to me is why code isn't tested AT ALL before
>>going into beta.
>

> I'm not keeping track of who's complaining about what, or defending whom,
> but really it sounds kind of like:
>
>   * Konq is really messed up, here's a corner case that you can't test
>     because it's a private site...
>
>   * Why don't you people test for these corner cases!?
>
> :)

You can test functionality if it is NOT the webpage that is broken. In
the case of what is broken for me, there are possibly 10 test cases
being VERY liberal. Functionality CAN be tested with thorough regression
tests.
I keep hearing:
   * KHTML isn't buggy, you're an idiot.
   * KDE has great regression tests even though the are numerous
     regressions.
   * KDE needs more people in order to release a decent desktop.

Notice how everyone is missing the point?

-David