Massive Konqueror Regression

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Aug 18 02:03:48 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 04:59, David van Hoose wrote:
> My point in bringing up this topic was to point out that there have been
> a lot of regressions in KDE in the last two major versions due to
> far-to-quick releases.
> There needs to be a longer freeze with better regression tests.

mode = repeat;

what we need are more human testers to test things during the freeze periods.
we could freeze forever and there'd still be regressions because too many
people wait for the final release and then bitch about things afterwards. it
would be nice if some of those complainers became testers.

there are a LOT of things in KDE that simply can't be regression tested
automatically. this is because:

a) a lot of those items are GUI related and require a human sitting there to
watch for things (unless you have a GUI regression tester suite available for
use ;)

b) we lack the resources (see the discussion re: syncing where it's both a
time and a hardware issue)

--
Aaron J. Seigo