Massive Konqueror Regression

Luke-Jr luke-jr at utopios.org
Wed Aug 17 04:16:03 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 16 August 2005 19:22, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Frank Osterfeld wrote:
> > On Monday 15 August 2005 14:31, David van Hoose wrote:
> >>Hi Stephan,
> >>
> >>I haven't yet, but I do see that Konqueror has at least one regression,
> >>so I know your regression tests are inadequate.
> >
> > I am sure you can point me to a testing method with 100% coverage.
>
> They do exist -- at least they are supposed to exist.
>
> The validation suite for a compiler is supposed to test everything.
>
> And, yes I have used commercial compilers that had bugs in them. :-(

I'm pretty sure such tests only test standard-compliant situations-- which
work quite fine in KHTML.
GCC, now that it has become the #1 compiler, has begun to be stricter and
refuses to compile bad code. If you want something compiler-like, then KHTML
should refuse to show any erroneous webpage...
--
Luke-Jr
Developer, Utopios