Limits and Deadlines?

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Aug 15 14:17:31 CEST 2005

Am Montag 15 August 2005 00:33 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> On Sunday 14 August 2005 01:26, P Botha wrote:
> > Thus, to ensure stability in the 4.0 release, one could try to ensure that
> > about 60% of current unique bugs are eliminated(duplicates doesn't count)?
> > This would make KDE some very stable desktop.
>
> this would be great! here's what it will take:
>
> a) triage the 9000 bugs we have lodged in bugs.kde.org
> b) produce the patches
> c) test the patches to ensure we don't introduce yet other bugs
>
> and if we could find a few dozen people who'd like to spend the next year
> doing nothing but dealing with bugs full time maybe we'll get there.
If you look at this graph, you'll notice that konqueror developers are working
hard to at least keep the bug rate at a bearable level:

http://tinyurl.com/dffat

Of course if you look at this only (scaled up to say so):
http://bugs.kde.org/reports.cgi?product=konqueror&output=show_chart&datasets=NEW%3A

you notice that KDE's user base is growing. And of course all these 1200 bugs are
not khtml problems.

Greetings, Stephan