Limits and Deadlines?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Aug 14 21:42:40 CEST 2005

On Sunday 14 August 2005 21:26, P Botha wrote:

> I've given this idea some though (obviously other people have thought of
> this also), but maybe one could put some deadlines for bugfixes.
>
> Eg: Konqueror must have less than 1000bugs by 31 Dec 2005... get the
> idea?Just after the 3.5 release, one could maybe try and suggest this.

The main problem with this is that there has to be a list of certified bugs.
A lot of entries in the bug tracking system do not apply to the current
versions, are unreproducible or to vague.

Sometimes the reporters do not respond when asked for more details or are not
capable of providing them (for example in case of Konqueror because the site
is some intranet site or needs a user account, etc)

Developers usually don't ignore bug reports, but they might have different
priorities for each of them.

> Thus, to ensure stability in the 4.0 release, one could try to ensure that
> about 60% of current unique bugs are eliminated(duplicates doesn't count)?

Maybe if a couple more volunteers would help to elimited the duplicates
first? :)

Cheers,
Kevin
--