Massive Konqueror Regression

P Botha bothapn at lantic.net
Sat Aug 13 12:34:43 CEST 2005

On Saturday 13 August 2005 08:23, Luke-Jr wrote:
> On Saturday 13 August 2005 03:17, David van Hoose wrote:
> > Especially worse is that the Konqueror web browser is no longer useful to
> > me as it will not work properly on several webpages.
>
> Then it is likely those webpages that are the problem. Konqueror's KHTML
> engine has surpassed all others in rendering webpages properly, so any
> brokenness is much more likely to be a problem with a website than it is to
> be a problem in KHTML.
I've logged several bugs and non except a few on the Amarok side have been
fixed. All the konqueror bugs are still there.

I've seen lately that the konqueror people have tackled the bugs with
something like 89 per week :)
Though, some webpages do not render nicely in konqueror :( Although this might
be a problem with the webpages, I feel that konqueror should have some extra
support for problematic web pages.

I use konqueror allot for web browsing because my firefox crash my X :(. But
konqueror performs well in most areas :)

I would say: Kde 3.4.2 is very stable (for me). Keep up the work :)

Pieter