Massive Konqueror Regression

David van Hoose david.vanhoose at comcast.net
Sat Aug 13 05:17:38 CEST 2005

Hello,

I've been using KDE since just before KDE 2.0 was released. There have
been several bugs that have crept in, but most have been squashed. I am
sad to say that KDE 3.3 and 3.4 are the most unstable versions of KDE
that I have seen to date. Especially worse is that the Konqueror web
browser is no longer useful to me as it will not work properly on
several webpages. Most all of them are secure sites, so I cannot give
access to them to demonstrate the bugs. I'm not even sure who to send
the bug report to. KDE's development needs to be stopped and as many
3.4.x releases need to be released until KDE is once again as stable as
it used to be. The new features look great, but the annoying bugs will
soon drive people away if they aren't fixed now. I would love to work
with the KDE team to fix the problems I've seen, but I'm afraid I don't
know where to begin.
For those of you that use KDE and believe it is working fine, I'm happy
for you, but KDE has been getting worse for me. Most of the bugs are
annoying at worse, but some like the new Konqueror bugs are absolute
showstoppers.
I will be happy to answer any questions.

Regards,
David van Hoose