Improves Copy Dialog

Christoph Weber weber.christoph at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 17:03:48 CEST 2005

Hello,

I hope this is the right list for making suggestions for KDE.

I would suggest a new feature for the file copy dialog. It is often the
case that I need to copy several (or big) files from different
directories to the same target.
If the copying isn't done in one step, the files will be copied in
parallel, thus slowing down the process. It would be an improvement, if
it would be possible to drag and drop the next files to the file copy
dialog and that they are added to a kind of "files to be copied"-queue.

Little example:

I want to copy movie files to /.../movies. So I start with
/.../holidays/Italy.mpg. Then I also want to copy
/.../birthdays/dad.mpg, now if I just drop the file to /.../movies the
copying is very slow, because of the headmoving of the HDD. But with the
suggested feature, one could easily drop the file to the copying dialog
where it will be copied after finishing the first file.
Otherwise I would have to wait with the copying until the first file is
done.

I hope you could understand what I wanted to explain...

regards,
Christoph