[RFC] Icons added, menu guideline conformance improved, additions to toolbars.

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Fri Apr 22 03:10:42 CEST 2005

Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> About the kpdf changes, can i know the reason for
>
> -	m_prevPage->setShortcut( "Backspace" );
> +	m_prevPage->setShortcut( "PageUp" );
> -	m_nextPage->setShortcut( "Space" );
> +	m_nextPage->setShortcut( "PageDown" );
>
> IIRC (can't test right now) PageUP and PageDown already work.

Yes you are correct.  So, the "+" are removed.  As to removing the
others.  I feel that standards from app to app are more important than
what an individual app might think is better.

> By removing
>
> -        d->aZoomFitWidth->setChecked( checkedZoomAction ==
> d->aZoomFitWidth );
> -        d->aZoomFitPage->setChecked( checkedZoomAction == d->aZoomFitPage );
>
> your are probably going to break (as said i can't test it right now) the
> action unchecking when doing this "Click on fitwidth icon, use combobox to go
> to 50% zoom"

Your test case works.  The standard actions for "Fit to Page" and "Fit
to Page Width" are not toggle actions.  Apparently someone else
determined that they didn't need to be toggle action.

> Also i'll be glad to know the reasons for the different sorting you propose
> for the View and Go menu and for the toolbar, a patch that changes sorting
> without a reason to do seems like "i like it better for no reason so let's
> change it"

OK, I checked and one of the other apps had it this way and I (my bad)
changed it to what the other app used instead of changing them all to
match the standard.

Now changed.

> I'm not going to review patches for other programs as i have little knowledge
> and "authority" over them.

However, you need to add the changes to KDELibs to have the icons correct.

--
JRT