Junior Job: Testing PDF generation

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at christ-church.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Apr 20 13:24:36 CEST 2005

Hi,
(Apologies if this is a re-post.)
Hopefully this is a task suitable for a new contributor on the Quality Teams:
We're working on producing PDF versions of the KDE documentation, and need
more testers. The main issue at the moment is finding out whether some
problems are local to our systems, or general problems.

Hopefully, this shouldn't require much knowledge of, well, anything :-), but
people with knowledge of docbook, XSL, LaTeX or Perl would be very welcome.

Instructions:
1. Download http://users.ox.ac.uk/~chri1802/stuff/pdf-generation.tar.bz2
2. Untar it and read the instructions.
3. Generate PDFs for a bunch of different KDE docs, and look through them for
problems, errors, etc, then report them to me or kde-doc-english at kde.org ,
along with your version of libxslt.

If you're interested in helping, get back to me either on this list, or on IRC
(irc.freenode.net, nick PhilRod).

Cheers,
Phil