konqueror

Barry O'Donovan barry.odonovan at kdemail.net
Sun Apr 17 13:25:33 CEST 2005

On Sun 17 Apr 2005 01:04, Stefan Strasser wrote:
> > Do you have any *valid* arguments for
> > saying this?
>
> despite any reasons: almost everybody uses firefox.

This is the kind of unfounded ridiculous comment that gets me annoyed.
What are you basing this on? Has there been anykind of poll or survey
of KDE users to see whether they use Konqueror or Firefox? I don't
think so (if there has I'd be genuinely interested in seeing it).

I know a lot of Window's users use it. But a lot is approximately 10% -
far from "almost everybody". But the argument is not about what Windows
users use but what people use on KDE.

I use Konqueror exclusively. There was a time - we're talking 12-24
months ago - where you would often come up against a site that crashed
or didn't render usefully in Konqueror. I'm glad to say that those are
few and far between now.

In my research group, there are a mixture of Linux (KDE), Windows and
Mac users. About 50% of Windows users have switched to Firefox. The Mac
users use Safari only. And only one of the KDE users has actually
installed Firefox (me - and that was to check it out).

A small sample I grant you, but the fact remains that in this group not
a single KDE user uses anything BUT Konqueror.

> that is _the_ argument.

No, it's not.

--
Regards,