konqueror

Mauricio Bahamonde elkrammer at kde.cl
Sun Apr 17 01:10:33 CEST 2005

On Saturday 16 April 2005 19:22, Андрей Олефира wrote:
> We realy need port firefox to qt because konqueror is VERY bugly -
> display html-pages WRONG, crashed... it scare away people who try go
> from Windows to Linux and difficulty to make html-design.

I've never had serious problems with Konqueror.
People who I have showed konqueror, that comers from windows, really love it,
so why are you saying it scares users? Do you have any *valid* arguments for
saying this?
Also, Konqueror *DOES* adhere to the Web Standards from the W3C, so I don't
see your point in that it makes difficult to make html-design... What makes
it difficult is IE ;-)
Konqueror works really great here. KHTML has many advantages(and disadvantages
too) comparing it with Gecko, and it's pretty stable here.

If you are going to blame or flame something, please give valid arguments ;)
Behind Konqueror, there are many years of hard work, as well as on KDE, so we
should try to improving the things we already have, instead of saying they
suck because of nothing.

Greetings,

--
Mauricio Bahamonde
<elkrammer at kde.cl>

And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I
learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when
I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?
	-- Homer Simpson