Trouble with kde-build

Leo Spalteholz leo at thewoodpecker.ca
Wed Apr 6 06:13:29 CEST 2005

Hi all,

This list seems pretty quiet, one message in two days... But perhaps
someone is out there that can help a clueless newbie like me.  I want to
get into KDE development and so I am trying to compile the KDE_3_4_BRANCH.
Just the base system from the modules arts, kdelibs, kdesdk, and kdebase.
I followed the instructions, and get to the point where I am supposed to
run the kde-build scripts.
This script fails and I get the following output.

kdestable at pherthyl:~/src/kde$ ./kde-build --no-update
Checking module arts (no cvs update)...done!
Checking module kdelibs (no cvs update)...done!
Checking module kdebase (no cvs update)...done!
Checking module kdesdk (no cvs update)...done!
ERROR: Please execute 'make -f Makefile.cvs' first for module arts!

However I checked in the arts subdirectory, and I can't find a
Makefile.cvs, so I'm not sure what I should do at this point.  The log
file for arts has nothing enlightening in it..

Anyone know what I've messed up here?

Thanks,
Leo