Indexes in documentation

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Mon Sep 20 22:21:57 CEST 2004

Hi,
Just a thought I had recently, which I'd like to share with you before I
forget:

Very few KDE documents have an index, although DocBook provides a simple way
to produce them. For most application handbooks, an index is overkill, but in
the larger ones, it may be useful. Having just added some index entries to
the User Guide, I noticed that it's a fairly easy task, and may be one that
you'd like to add to the things that new contributors can do wrt
documentation.

I can write a little bit about the necessary markup to use, although it would
have to wait a while. If you'd like to help by adding some index entries to
the User Guide, get in touch with me or kde-doc-english at kde.org

Regards,
Philip
Online KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org