Announcement: New Member

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Fri Sep 17 13:50:18 CEST 2004

Hi Dustin,

On Friday 17 Sep 2004 12:37, Dustin Clute wrote:
> I really have no particular preference for an application. I am willing to
> work on any application that could use my help. I don't have a development
> or user experience that I would like to apply to KDE as of yet but I am
> sure I come across some.
>
> I would like to code I just need to get involved and be apart of something
> that would help me and motivate me to learn more about coding.

Excellent :-) Brad asked because it's often easy to get into KDE through
helping a specific application, but you don't have to.

You should start by writing this HOWTO on starting to hack on KDE:
http://quality.kde.org/develop/howto/howtohack.php

You should go through four stages. The first three are simply a learning
process, and if you have any problems getting through this just ask here and
we can support you. The final stage for you, given that you don't have a
preference for any single application, will probably involve finding some
so-called "Junior Jobs" that you can get started on.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Tom