Future artwork competition - KDE CVS splash screen

Kenneth Wimer wimer at suse.de
Fri Sep 10 23:12:41 CEST 2004

* Sashmit Bhaduri <sashmit at gmail.com> [Sep 10. 2004 21:38]:
> On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:19:54 +0200, Brad Hards <bradh at frogmouth.net> wrote:
> > It would be useful to have a different splash screen for builds from CVS HEAD.
> > That would make it easier to tell that a particular machine has a
> > distribution KDE (or perhaps Branch), rather than HEAD.
> >
> > This might make a useful competition at some stage in the future.

I disagree 100%.

We do not want to have a competition. We want to have a wish list which
is also capable of some moentary reward for fulfilling the wish.

And the last thing we need is to waste the few peoples' time who draw
graphics with extra crap. We have enough bugs as it is and too few
artists.

In the future it might not be bad to ask the artists first before
posting this kind of decision on quality.

Bye,
Kenneth

--
SUSE Linux - a Novell Company - Nuernberg, Germany