KDE for dyslectic people

Gerry Gavigan gg at gerryg.uklinux.net
Tue Sep 7 22:44:12 CEST 2004

This issue is not dictionary related but one of natural language and
semiotics.   (I used to run the UK research programme in Speech and Natural
Language Technologies)

Unfortunately diagnosis is much easier than a solution.

I believe that there are many public domain natural language tools out there
but the challenge is one of "data,data,data", dictionary corpuses are huge.
The searching and parsing tools are a combination of statistical and rule
based techniques but (used to) culminate in hand crafting.

I am not sure that the situation has changed much (refer to any grammar tool)

It is likely that the next, best solution will arise in a KDE-style bazaar
rather than a proprietary cathedral - but it is a big job.