KDE for dyslectic people

Onno Timmerman onno at filosofie.be
Tue Sep 7 16:10:09 CEST 2004

Anne-Marie Mahfouf schreef:

>On September 7, 2004 05:30 am, Onno Timmerman wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I don't know if this is the right spot to ask this. But maybe some KDE
>>developer could look in the the following suggestion.
>>
>>I'm a dyslectic person: and that means I got diffuculties with correct
>>spelling but also making correct sentences. However many people who
>>correct my papers notice I always make the same flaws. Now would it be
>>possible to make a gramer correction on basis of these returning flaws.
>>There should be some sort of private rule book where the computer checks
>>automaticaly specifical for the flaws a dyslectic person makes. I should
>>be able to configure the gramer checker in to my needs.
>>Notice, that every dyslectic person makes some specifik mistakes. He/she
>>would then be able to fine tune the gramer correction.
>>

>Doesn't it already exist specific dictionaries for dyslectic, as this
>condition depends on the language? My daughter had problems in French but
>never had any in English when we moved to England.
>If these dictionaries don't exist the task will be hard...
>
>A spell-check calling that special dictionary should then be easy.
>
>Anne-Marie

Could you point me where that dictionary can be found.
I also would like to see some grammer rules in Kword etc... About 1 in
10 people have dyslexie. And I believe this group is largly ignored by
properiarity makers. I hope that a free software culture could make the
adaptations.

If the developers of Kword and KDE would like to see into it. I could
make a pre-study of wath could be done. I even could talk with the
minister of education in Belgium to get some subsidies to develop the
software. But then I got to be sure KDE devolopers will adopt it.

I think schools could hae a great use for it.

Onno