First competition

Tom Chance lists at tomchance.org.uk
Fri Sep 3 00:54:07 CEST 2004

Hello,

We should start planning our first competition. For those not in the loop, it
will basically be a copy of the aKademy competition but open to all:
http://dot.kde.org/1093768403/

We need to:

1) Decide on the task(s)
2) Decide on prizes
3) Decide on judges
4) Decide on dates

I leave the first and third questions to the docs team :)

As for the second, we can either have on prize for the best entry, or several.
The plan we discussed at aKademy was to use the remaining O'Reilly gifts, and
once they run out to show O'Reilly how good it makes them look and ask for
more. We have one problem though: somebody took a lot of the books from the
orga office at aKademy without asking us, so we're down to:
* Two O'Reilly t-shirts
* Three C++ reference books
* 'Free as in Freedom' by Richard Stallman
We could just ask O'Reilly up front, but they might knock us back, which would
ruin the whole idea. Maybe we can just run with those prizes?

The dates can come fairly quickly once we have the other details worked out.

btw: please reply to both lists, or only to kde-quality if the docs team are
OK with representatives relaying info back.

Regards,
Tom