Documentation Team Ideas

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Thu Sep 2 15:22:05 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:07:31 +0100, "Tom Chance" <lists at tomchance.org.uk>
said:
> On Thursday 02 Sep 2004 05:49, Carlos Leonhard Woelz wrote:
> > > In other words, we have role-based wiki tasklists, not app- or
> > > module-based,
> > > wherever teams are willing to maintain them. This already seems to be
> > > happening with art (re: kde-look and kde-artists discussions).
> > >
> > > Counter-thoughts? :)
> >
> > I would be careful with an excessive number of wiki pages. The ones we
> > got are already hard to maintain... If we could have one updated page
> > per module, in the beginning of each  release cycle, that would make me
> > really happy. We could announce them widely, and see if new people
> > arive. It worked (on a small scale) for the last release cycle.
>
> I'm not sure how well they worked. A lot of them didn't get updated for
> months.

Indeed. But updating them in the begining of the release cycle helps a
lot. It waqs useful for the pim module. I am I certainly ready to update
it again for the next release cycle (which I don't now what will be).

> I am proposing that we replace the module-based pages with
> role-based
> pages where there are people who will keep them up to date. Of course if
> the
> existing pages can be kept up to date somehow, that would be better.

The problem of role based pages is that they should be even harder to
maintain. imagine checking the screenshots, docs, whatsthis, bugs,
etc... status for all KDE apps, and maintaining this list. Its is easier
to find people who know about the status of all this stuff for his app
than to make a research on all KDE.

Of course, the doc team is a little bit different: and Lauri and Philip
*do* have a general view on the whole KDE status.

Cheers,

Carlos Woelz
--
  Carlos Leonhard Woelz