Dot story for someone to write (was Re: Writeup from aKademy)

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 1 13:06:00 CEST 2004

How's this? (It's my first attempt at journalism, so be nice :-)

Phil

'Junior Job' bugs meet with success

In May, Adriaan de Groot <a href="http://dot.kde.org/1084433566/">suggested a
new way</a> of marking bugs as being quick and easy to solve. If you find a
bug on <a href="http://bugs.kde.org">bugs.kde.org</a> marked with 'JJ:', you
can be sure that it's an easy way for new contributors to get into bug
fixing.

Today on the kde-quality list, Christian Loose reported on how successful this
scheme has already been:

"I justed wanted to give an example of how good this really works...

I started to mark some bugs as JJ some months ago. Now I already received
three high-quality patches from two different people (Thanks Sergio and
Dermot!) for those reports.

That's much more than I expected."

So, developers, remember to mark those easy bugs with a 'JJ'!