Suggested project

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun Oct 17 07:29:50 CEST 2004

A possible project would be a KDE GUI to configure font substitutions in FontConfig.

Since FontConfig uses an XML file, it is not a user friendly thing to do to
setup an alias.

FontConfig is supposed to be able to deal with: "scalable" when looking for a
font, so it should be possible to use this as a condition when choosing an alias.

And now I get in over my head.  FontConfig is also supposed to be able to use:
"lang".  If KDE/Qt includes the RFC-3066 tag (what is that?  All I know about is
the ISO-639 codes) when it asks for a font, it should be possible to specify a
per "lang" alias.

--
JRT