Maintainer for HiColor/KDEClassic icon theme

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Nov 4 03:41:47 CET 2004

I have volunteered for the job and now consider myself to be an apprentice at
the job.

I will *not* be doing real art work.  But, I have made icons by collecting,
modifying, manipulating and combining stuff.

Mostly what needs to be done is that the FreeDeskTop standard for icon themes
requires a "fall back" icons theme named HiColor.

Therefore, HiColor icons (i.e. unthemed icons) should not be installed in a
theme directory.  And, all icons should be installed as themed -- they must be
in a subdirectory of a directory with a theme name (not just installed in "pics").

I will probably wind up being considered a fascist but things need to be done
correctly.  In that case, some of what now exists in not correct and needs to be
fixed.

--
JRT