KDEvibes in KDE

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Wed May 26 19:38:44 CEST 2004

On Wed, 26 May 2004 18:49:14 +0300, "Artemio" <theman at artemio.net> said:
> The main important thing to discuss is that my vibes have different file
> names
> that the default sound. So the two tasks are [1] CVS: remove the old
> sounds
> and place the new ones [2] update the names of the sounds in the KCC.

Since this sounds are in kdebase, not in kdelibs, you *may* remove the
files. But if other apps use the old sound files, then you can only
create an alternative sound with the same name, or add the new files,
without removing the old ones. kde-core-devel is the proper place to
discuss the proper way, and I have very little insight on what is the
right choice.

The best would be to create a general scheme for sounds with other sound
themes in mind, and _then_ try to fill it with EastWest sounds, not the
other way around.

Cheers,

Carlos Woelz
--