Problems getting into programming

Thomas McGuire thomasmg at web.de
Wed May 12 10:15:53 CEST 2004

Thanks Christian and Jeroen for your helpful answers.
I think I now know how to start developing.

> AFAIK when you have a KDE cvs account you can change the pages on
> developer.kde.org. :-)
Well, I do not think my English is good enough for that, I am bad at
explaining even in German ;-). Furthermore, I do not have a CVS
account (yet).

>The following link should help:
>http://wiki.kdenews.org/tiki-index.php?page=How+To+Use+KDevelop+with+KDE+CVS
Thanks, I'll read that one.

> I guess CVS compares the revision numbers of the files, that
> shouldn't take that much bandwidth.
The last time I did an update for KDevelop and kdegraphics it took
quite some time. The problem is probably that there are really a
LOT of files to compare. I will probably do an update every 2 weeks
or so.

Well, one problem remains (I did not read the above article yet):
Debugging my application. Well, I hope I can manage to tell KDevelop
to "make;make install" and then debug the installed binary. As I
said, I'll try today.

Thanks,
Thomas