First draft of media guide complete

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Mon Mar 29 17:52:36 CEST 2004

On Monday 29 March 2004 10:52, Tom Chance wrote:
> Hello,

Hello Tom,

> I've finished a first draft of my guide to using and working with the
> media. You can find it here:
>
> http://quality.kde.org/develop/howto/howtomedia.php
>
> I'd appreciate any additions, corrections and comments before this Friday,
> when I'll include it in an announcement about the progress of the Quality
> Team project.

I will also add to the xhtml site the Developer Howto. Currently, the wiki
pages and the site are in sync thanks to a small and simple sed script that
converts xhtml => wiki. This way I watch for changes in the wiki, but I
correct only the xhtml version. The new wiki versions are then auto
generated. I hope you noticed I put your media guide in the wiki as well,
using this script :) I will repeat the operation after reviewing your new
changes.

BTW, are you agains merging your guide to the promo + communication guide?

About the friday annoncement: It's a great idea. I plan to create a Step by
Step documention guide, but that will take a little bit more time than
friday :).

We could focus on the new developer and promo / media howto's, and the new
module pages. I should finally add the suggestions that appeared in the
mailing list for new developers in the developer wanted page and add it to
the Quality Framework. Having a deadline sometimes make things work!

Cheers,

Carlos Woelz