KDE-wiki, was: Re: Konqueror: The Bugged Websites

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Sat Mar 27 16:20:01 CET 2004

On Saturday 27 March 2004 14:07, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> The wiki itself is broken in my Konqueror from cvs HEAD (yesterday) and
> also in Mozilla as a matter of fact, the columns are not correct and the
> screenshot overlaps the right column (for the konqueror bugs page).

The KDE-wiki is broken in many funny ways, unfortunately. As much as I want to
like it, there's several serious issues with it:

  * way too many unnecessary modules, leading to a very cluttered look
  * allowing anonymous users to make changes
  * unusable default theme that breaks many pages (giant font)

I've criticized this stuff before in the wiki's forum, but there wasn't
exactly much feedback. With the current problems I don't think it's really
usable.

--
Mark.