A new volunteer...

Sean O'Dubhghaill sean at doyle55.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Mar 26 21:06:13 CET 2004

Hi everybody

i've been using kde as my only desktop now for about 4 years (i first checked
it out in about 1998 i think) I think its a wonderful desktop enviroment but
enough praise i wouldn't want you all to get big headed ;-) anyway i think
i'm long overdue for offering what wee talents i have to the community. I'm
familar with lots of kde apps (kmail, konqi, juk, kopete, the list goes
on..). I have some skill as a programmer, mostly in java but my c++ and qt
skills are improving everyday. I also am a slightly talented artist but
mainly in non-digital stuff so i have need a bit of practise in sodipodi and
the gimp etc before i think i'll be able to help the kde artists.

I've read through the wiki pages and so on, and i think that the first thing i
could to would be to go through kmails bugs suggesting to close those which i
find out of date and maybe fixing one or two of the simplier ones. Unless
someone else has a better idea??

see ya
Sean O'Dubhghaill