another job: polishing kfind

Kenny Smith kenny at standsolid.com
Mon Mar 15 17:18:59 CET 2004

I had never used KFind before... but I totally agree.  it looks like the Win95
Find File dialog.  ick

perhaps we can learn from another UI designer on how a good search app
looks/feels.
http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/sherlock/

or has anyone else seen those Microsoft preview videos for longhorn with the
WinFS Searching?  It uses incremental searching for file-browsing and is
uber-slick.

It would be really neat if Reiser4's metadata was kept in a way that you could
do fast queries like how winfs does it w/ a (IIRC) a sql server.

//satandsolid//