kdebase compilation problem

kuas ku4s at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 11 23:39:03 CET 2004

>>> I think the  problem is related with the dtd. I don't have kdex.dtd
>>> neither index.cache.bz2. Does anyone of you have any clue that might be
>>> able to fix the problem.
>>>

>> Perhaps there is a problem with your docbook installation?  You might
>> have to install docbook-xml-dtd or similar as well.
>>

> I upgraded the to-be-compiled kde to version 3.2.1, I still got the
> problem. What do you mean by docbook-xml-dtd. Where can I get this? I
> have meinproc installed in the system, it is using /usr/bin/meinproc.
> I am using redhat9. Is it in one of the rpm?

Forgot to attached the error message again, just in case this mailing
list is not archived. And I have been trying to compile kdebase module.

---------- start log ---------------
Making all in doc
make[2]: Entering directory `/opt/devel/kdedev/src/kde/build/kdebase/doc'
Making all in .
make[3]: Entering directory `/opt/devel/kdedev/src/kde/build/kdebase/doc'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/opt/devel/kdedev/src/kde/build/kdebase/doc'
Making all in kate
make[3]: Entering directory
`/opt/devel/kdedev/src/kde/build/kdebase/doc/kate'
/usr/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2
/home/kuasdev/kdedev/src/kde/kdebase/doc/kate/index.docbook
index.docbook:17: error: failed to load external entity "dtd/kdex.dtd"
]>
  ^
index.docbook:19: error: Entity 'language' not defined
<book lang="&language;">
                      ^
index.docbook:19: validity error: No declaration for attribute lang of
element book
<book lang="&language;">
                       ^
index.docbook:20: error: Entity 'kate' not defined