When to set VERIFIED in BugZilla?

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Mar 11 19:20:28 CET 2004

Henrique Pinto wrote:
>> If you mean that the KDE Quality Team is not supposed to do Quality
>> Assurance, then IIUC you would be WRONG.
>>
>> If you don't understand what Quality Assurance is: it means seeing
>> that the  bugs actually get fixed.  Is it your understanding that the
>> KDE Quality  Team isn't going to do that?
>

> Not as its main task, at least.

Just because my question was about QA, I did not mean to imply that QA was
the main task, or only task, of the Quality team.

> If someone wants to lead the creation of a KDE QA Team,

Isn't the Quality Team already doing this.  Managing bugs is part of what a
QA team needs to do.

> I'm sure the Quality Team will help, but it was not created with the
> sole purpose of doing QA for KDE.

I did understand from the original idea of the "janitors" that the purpose
of the team was to clean up various things.  But, it was my understanding
that the Quality Team was go be involved in all aspects of Quality -- Total
Quality Management.

> Perhaps the name for this project was not well-chosen.

It it was intended to encompass all aspects of Quality (TQM) then it is a
good name.  If it was the intent to exclude some aspects of Quality
Management then this should be made clear.

--
JRT