Quality Teams on the wiki

Mark Berry mark at bx2.net
Mon Mar 8 17:30:48 CET 2004

Tom Chance wrote:

>Mark,
>
>On Monday 08 Mar 2004 07:59, Mark Berry wrote:
>

>>/*Master Task List
>>(Listing Package, Synopsis and a Sub-Package list)
>>*/
>>
>>    *PACKAGE*:
>>    /Name/
>>    /Synopsis/
>>    /Home Page / Links/
>>    /KDE Qual Team Contacts / Cordinators/
>>    /(If no sub-package, the following info will be presented at the
>>    same level)/
>>
>>        *(IF NEEDED) SUB-PACKAGES:*
>>
>>            /Name/
>>            /Synopsis/
>>            /Home Page / Links/
>>
>>            /DOCS/
>>
>>                /KDE Qual Team Mentors
>>                //KDE Qual CONTACTS/ / /Members/
>>
>>            /TESTING
>>            /
>>
>>                /KDE Qual Team Mentors
>>                //KDE Qual CONTACTS/ / /Members/
>>
>>            /PROJECTS
>>            /
>>
>>                /KDE Qual Team Mentors
>>                //KDE Qual CONTACTS/ / /Members/
>>

>You left out promotion :-) Also, it might be an idea to have a list of the
>packages who require their own page, so that the page doesn't become too
>huge; people don't tend to pay much attention to such long pages.

Yikes, sorry :(

>That, or you make each task category a sub-page, so you have a page for docs,
>testing, projects and promo, each with the appropriate listing. This might be
>better since in terms of docs not every subpackage will need an entry, whilst
>in testing each will; promo and projects will simply be far more limited, not
>always focussing on individual apps.

Exactly..  I was invisioning a master list that just listed the top
level packages.  That would link to a package page.  Showing the basic
information, and package wide assignments.  From there, and for example
in the case of KOffice, each sub-package (such as kword ) might have
it's own sub-pacakge page.  Listing the docs/promo/testing/etc tasks for
that assigned sub-project.

I 100% agree that we need to kick the information on each page minimal,
as too much will be disgarded.  I guess it's just to be discussed which
tasks belong to individual apps and which to a package.  I see some of
the tasks of testing/documentation and patch-testing for example, to
broad to be done at a package level, and the package wicki will get VERY
cluttered with some of the current packages.

Cheers

.mark