Quality Teams on the wiki

Marc Heyvaert marc_heyvaert at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 12:53:56 CET 2004

Hello Tom,

--- Tom Chance <lists at tomchance.org.uk> wrote:

<snip>

> What I am proposing is that we create a wiki page at
> least for each major
> module in CVS (i.e. kdemultimedia, kdegraphics,
> etc.) and try to force the
> hand of at least one developer from each module to
> help volunteers start the
> page off, drawing on bugzilla and mailing lists for
> general open tasks (e.g.
> "KNode - documentation - needs screenshots").

While I understand the advantage that a wiki-page may
have to keep the momentum going, I think that there is
a certain overlap with existing web-pages and mailing
lists. I am mainly interested in KSpread/KOffice and I
think that a well maintained KOffice-website -with
joblists, howto's, etc.- + active mailing lists +
looking into and reacting to bugreports (hence the
importans of bugs.kde.org) is enough really. And I
don't think we're there yet...so the extra effort for
maintaining a wiki-page is perhaps not the best way to

direct the scarce resources that KOffice disposes
of...

Now the situation may be different for other projects.

And I also think that if wiki-pages have to be
created, this should be done to offer a forum for
those issues that transcend the different projects,
like general interface issues.

Regards

Marc