KDE Web-Update

Florian Roth florian at synatic.net
Sun Mar 7 19:43:26 CET 2004

I started working on a webupdate for KDE
I its slightly orientated on Windowsupdate because I think Windowsupdate is
very easy of use.
I've written it using JSP and Java Applets.
Actually its doing nothing but gathering information about your system and
showing them.

If you want to try it, you can call it on my computer which is not always
online.

You might need the .java.policy file (link is on the page) to grant the applet
the necessary permissions. But be very careful because it grants write and
exec permission to all files on your system.

If you are interested, you can send me a mail

I can send you the sources if you want them.

Florian Roth