Adding WhatsThis Help to KDE Applications

Stephen Donovan stephendonovan at stephendonovan.plus.com
Sun Mar 7 17:52:31 CET 2004

On Sunday 07 March 2004 00:13, Frans Englich wrote:
> On Sunday 07 March 2004 01:00, Henrique Pinto wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > If you still haven't found a task suitable for you, this might be
> > interesting for you.
> >
> > Many parts of KDE still lack WhatsThis help. Completing the support for
> > this kind of help would be a nice thing for KDE 3.3. But we need
> > contributors. In case you are interested in helping, you should start by
> > reading the tutorial available at
> > http://urbanlizard.com/~aseigo/whatsthis_tutorial/ (it was written by
> > KDE Developer Aaron J. Seigo). If you have any questions after reading
> > that tutorial, feel free to ask.
>
> Yes, excellent suggestion. As one might have guessed, for this task it is
> too an advantage if one is familiar with the app(so one can write more
> informative whatsthis).
>
> Cheers,
>
> 		Frans

This looks like something I can help with.  I have read the tutorial looks
quite straight forward and would be a good way of learning about some of the
kde apps.  Just compiling a cvs version of kdevelop at the moment to get
started :).

Was thinking a way to add these comments might be to read the help files first
for the apps as well as have a play around.  Then its a matter of
transferring the information thats there re-wording it to make it easy and
quick to understand then add it as a whatsthis.

Regards
Steve