kdebase compilation problem

Kuas ku4s at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Mar 7 01:24:43 CET 2004

Hi All:

I haven't sent introduction email yet since it is pretty hectic for me
at the moment. I want to wait until I got more time. Then I'll see what
I can do. I used Linux for quite a while, switching back and forth
between desktop manager, didn't use KDE for quite a while though.  I
tried it again after the announcement for this group. It turns out
really different than the last one I used which was really old. I am
interested in helping out kde-quality on whatever I can do to help. I am
a programmer, I used to program in Java and some C. I guess C++ falls in
between, did it a bit too. Never done any QT though.

In the mean time, while getting my things settle down. I'm trying to get
familiar with KDE sourcecodes and dev environment. Following the
instruction on the website, I downloaded the sourcecode using "cvsup"
and tried to build KDE from KDE_3_2_BRANCH. Which I believed supposed to
build right from cvs repository. arts and kdelibs were built okay. But I
have this compilation problem with kdebase, as follow:

---- start log ------
make[3]: Entering directory
`/opt/devel/kde/src/kde/build/kdebase/doc'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for
`all-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/opt/devel/kde/src/kde/build/kdebase/doc'
Making all in
kate
make[3]: Entering directory `/opt/devel/kde/src/kde/build/kdebase/doc/kate'
/usr/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2
/home/kuasdev/kdedev/src/kde/kdebase/doc/kate/index.docbook
index.docbook:17: I/O error : failed to load external entity "dtd/kdex.dtd"
]>
  ^
index.docbook:19: parser error : Entity 'language' not defined
<book lang="&language;">
                      ^
index.docbook:19: element book: validity error : No declaration for
attribute lang of element book
<book lang="&language;">
                       ^
index.docbook:20: parser error : Entity 'kate' not defined
<title>The &kate; Handbook</title>
                 ^
index.docbook:20: element title: validity error : No declaration for
element title
<title>The &kate; Handbook</title>

index.docbook:24: parser error : Entity 'Anders.Lund' not defined
<author>&Anders.Lund; &Anders.Lund.mail;</author>
                     ^
index.docbook:24: parser error : Entity 'Anders.Lund.mail' not defined
<author>&Anders.Lund; &Anders.Lund.mail;</author>
                                        ^
index.docbook:24: element author: validity error : No declaration for
element author
<author>&Anders.Lund; &Anders.Lund.mail;</author>
                                                 ^
index.docbook:25: parser error : Entity 'Seth.Rothberg' not defined
<author>&Seth.Rothberg; &Seth.Rothberg.mail;</author>

:
:
the error goes a long way.
:
---- end log ------

I think the  problem is related with the dtd. I don't have kdex.dtd
neither index.cache.bz2. Does anyone of you have any clue that might be
able to fix the problem.

It's been a long time I want to get involve with opensource project.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Kuas.