KDE building problems

virgil virgil at vigilite.com
Sat Mar 6 22:09:24 CET 2004

Hello,

I'm having problems building arts from cvs. BTW I'm not sure this is the
right list to be asking this question, if its the wrong place you may direct
me elsewhere.
I followed the instruction on how to build from cvs. But at the end of the
make it gives this error. I don't know what the problem is, because I
deleted the folder then checked it out again. It seems like its a problem in
the code... but, if it is, it hasn't been fixed for a day, so I'm not sure
that's the problem. Anyway, what am I doing wrong? Oh, I'm running SuSE 9
installed recently from ftp, updated, with all the development packages
installed.

Thanks,
Virgil

audioiomas.cc:139: warning: unused variable `std::string&_deviceName'
audioiomas.cc: In member function `void
Arts::AudioIOMAS::updateBufferSizes()':
audioiomas.cc:479: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to `
   char*'
audioiomas.cc:479: error: cannot convert `mas_package*' to `mas_package**'
for
   argument `4' to `int32 mas_get(_mas_api_internal_device*, char*,
   mas_package*, mas_package**)'
audioiomas.cc:484: error: `masc_strike_package' undeclared (first use this
   function)
audioiomas.cc: In member function `virtual int
   Arts::AudioIOMAS::getParam(Arts::AudioIO::AudioParam)':
audioiomas.cc:549: warning: unused variable `int bytes'
audioiomas.cc:550: warning: unused variable `int count'
audioiomas.cc: In member function `virtual int Arts::AudioIOMAS::read(void*,
   int)':
audioiomas.cc:588: warning: unused parameter `void*buffer'
audioiomas.cc:588: warning: unused parameter `int size'
make[3]: *** [audioiomas.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/kdedev/src/kde/arts/flow'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/kdedev/src/kde/arts/flow'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kdedev/src/kde/arts'
make: *** [all] Error 2